Fawk plumbing - Pirate4x4.Com
 
Pirate4x4.Com  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Welcome, papee.
You last visited: Today at 06:52 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 181.
User CP Blogs FAQ Community Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

Reply
Share
Tweet This! Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 12:50 AM   #1
ironpig70
Registered User
 
ironpig70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 6957
Posts: 4,250
Fawk plumbing

Why must every fawking company make their product just a bit off


Nice with electricity it all fits
ironpig70 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 12:53 AM   #2
Landman87
Wheeler
 
Landman87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Member # 192722
Location: Broken Arrow
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
Why must every fawking company make their product just a bit off


Nice with electricity it all fits
I find it opposite
Landman87 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 12:58 AM   #3
ironpig70
Registered User
 
ironpig70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 6957
Posts: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landman87 View Post
I find it opposite

Really so the seals on Lasko, PF and Kohler are all the same???

Glue on PVC and ABS the same???


I can take a gang box from company A, stick a switch from company B in it and wire it all from company C. And in a month I can change the switch to one from company D Pretty damn simple.
ironpig70 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 12:58 AM   #4
Haole
Axlesnapper
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: Here
Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
Nice with electricity it all fits
Obviously just entering an apprentice program.
__________________
Disclaimer: The above statement is solely an expression of opinion and not of fact. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners of this board or the writers of the software. It is not intended to confuse the weak minded nor to incite an argument with any closed minded SCOTUSphiles.
Haole is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 12:59 AM   #5
Haole
Axlesnapper
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: Here
Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
I can take a gang box from company A, stick a switch from company B in it and wire it all from company C. And in a month I can change the switch to one from company D Pretty damn simple.
Now I know you haven't done much electrical work.
__________________
Disclaimer: The above statement is solely an expression of opinion and not of fact. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners of this board or the writers of the software. It is not intended to confuse the weak minded nor to incite an argument with any closed minded SCOTUSphiles.
Haole is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:01 AM   #6
ironpig70
Registered User
 
ironpig70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 6957
Posts: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Now I know you haven't done much electrical work.

Yeah I have done plenty of it.


Only problems you may see is if you try and use a short box
ironpig70 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:03 AM   #7
Haole
Axlesnapper
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: Here
Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
Yeah I have done plenty of it.


Only problems you may see is if you try and use a short box
Try again nipplehead. You've got much to learn.
__________________
Disclaimer: The above statement is solely an expression of opinion and not of fact. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners of this board or the writers of the software. It is not intended to confuse the weak minded nor to incite an argument with any closed minded SCOTUSphiles.
Haole is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:04 AM   #8
ironpig70
Registered User
 
ironpig70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 6957
Posts: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Try again nipplehead. You've got much to learn.

How about this you post up a gang box and a switch that will not go in it
ironpig70 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:15 AM   #9
Benny
Vote Out Obama!!
 
Benny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Member # 1129
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 4,568
try putting a square D breaker into a sylvania box and then tell use that electrical is all interchangeable
__________________
'87 Toyota 4Runner Turbo, '85 Toyota XtraCab, '83 Toyota Landcruiser, '67 Chevy, 46 CJ2a New Project.
Benny is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:18 AM   #10
Haole
Axlesnapper
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: Here
Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post
try putting a square D breaker into a sylvania box and then tell use that electrical is all interchangeable
Don't confuse piggy. That's beyond his troll, er skill level.
__________________
Disclaimer: The above statement is solely an expression of opinion and not of fact. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners of this board or the writers of the software. It is not intended to confuse the weak minded nor to incite an argument with any closed minded SCOTUSphiles.
Haole is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:20 AM   #11
trampas
Registered User
 
trampas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Member # 5433
Location: San Mexico, Ca.
Posts: 10,550
You can fit plumbing parts into electrical panels and run 55psi water into them.
__________________
What are we supposed to do with nature, just stare at it? Is it like porn with leaves?
:Philipoff2:
trampas is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:20 AM   #12
ironpig70
Registered User
 
ironpig70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 6957
Posts: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post
try putting a square D breaker into a sylvania box and then tell use that electrical is all interchangeable

Thats about the only damn thing that doesn't fit.

Go down the plumbing aisle and see the fun.

Working on the bathroom and have 2 identical drains and the new stopper works on 1 but not the other one.
ironpig70 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:22 AM   #13
SkooledMedic
PBB Official WTPOS
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Member # 170546
Location: Shitmond, Va
Posts: 720
gawd damned you are stupid.

thats typically not an issue if you buy all your shit at the same place, or at least match brands and read labels.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney77 View Post
Guess I'm a ground breaker.
You can't break the ground free falling off the couch
SkooledMedic is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:39 AM   #14
ironpig70
Registered User
 
ironpig70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 6957
Posts: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkooledMedic View Post
gawd damned you are stupid.

thats typically not an issue if you buy all your shit at the same place, or at least match brands and read labels.

Exactly my god damn point you gotta buy the manafacturers brand piece by piece. Each seal, stem, washer is by manafactuurer. And if its in the wall then you have to rip open a wall to get to a name
ironpig70 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:43 AM   #15
muleshemi
I Love
 
muleshemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member # 121478
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Don't confuse piggy. That's beyond his troll, er skill level.
so I guess IEC and NEMA starters would be too?
__________________
'92 'kota SAS n stuff, being parted out to fund buggy build.

My Hemi powered EOR buggy build
muleshemi is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:43 AM   #16
SkooledMedic
PBB Official WTPOS
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Member # 170546
Location: Shitmond, Va
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
Exactly my god damn point you gotta buy the manafacturers brand piece by piece. Each seal, stem, washer is by manafactuurer. And if its in the wall then you have to rip open a wall to get to a name
don't even fucking tell me you're trying to replace a piece inside of a leaking valve instead of replacing the whole valve.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney77 View Post
Guess I'm a ground breaker.
You can't break the ground free falling off the couch
SkooledMedic is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:45 AM   #17
ironpig70
Registered User
 
ironpig70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 6957
Posts: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleshemi View Post
so I guess IEC and NEMA starters would be too?
Thats the whole metric versus SAE shit for electrical
ironpig70 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:51 AM   #18
clastic
Wheeler
 
clastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Member # 180649
Location: K24
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkooledMedic View Post
don't even fucking tell me you're trying to replace a piece inside of a leaking valve instead of replacing the whole valve.
Eh, sometimes that's all it takes.

Beautiful thing about plumbing is that if you have two different things (copper line and pex) usually you're only a couple of fitting from making it work.

Build "adapters" in electrical is a quick way to burn something down.
__________________
Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon. We're in a great place, just at a bad time.
clastic is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:52 AM   #19
ironpig70
Registered User
 
ironpig70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 6957
Posts: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkooledMedic View Post
don't even fucking tell me you're trying to replace a piece inside of a leaking valve instead of replacing the whole valve.


I did that a while back Would have to tear out a bathroom wall.

Now I am replacing the sink pop ups.


Figured I would replace the whole pissing match. Two sinks in the bathroom with identical drains. Got all new drains.

First up the distance from the bottom of sink is differnt so all new plumbing

So I thought I'd just swap the stopper. Well the arm the moves it up and down is differnt as its longer and the ball is smaller and the washer is differnt. So not interchangeable.

Next up the stopper will physically go into one sink and I can modify the other stuff to work.

Since it will go in one it should go in the other. Nope it doesn't even come close.

So off to the hardware store to buy some more ABS
ironpig70 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:58 AM   #20
trampas
Registered User
 
trampas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Member # 5433
Location: San Mexico, Ca.
Posts: 10,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
I did that a while back Would have to tear out a bathroom wall.

Now I am replacing the sink pop ups.


Figured I would replace the whole pissing match. Two sinks in the bathroom with identical drains. Got all new drains.

First up the distance from the bottom of sink is differnt so all new plumbing

So I thought I'd just swap the stopper. Well the arm the moves it up and down is differnt as its longer and the ball is smaller and the washer is differnt. So not interchangeable.

Next up the stopper will physically go into one sink and I can modify the other stuff to work.

Since it will go in one it should go in the other. Nope it doesn't even come close.

So off to the hardware store to buy some more ABS
Don't trust the moron's down at Jerry's ~ they know less than you do.
__________________
What are we supposed to do with nature, just stare at it? Is it like porn with leaves?
:Philipoff2:
trampas is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 02:03 AM   #21
ironpig70
Registered User
 
ironpig70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 6957
Posts: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by trampas View Post
Don't trust the moron's down at Jerry's ~ they know less than you do.

I grabbed another drain and go to install it and its shorter


So now replumbing it
ironpig70 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 02:04 AM   #22
SkooledMedic
PBB Official WTPOS
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Member # 170546
Location: Shitmond, Va
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by clastic View Post
Eh, sometimes that's all it takes.

Beautiful thing about plumbing is that if you have two different things (copper line and pex) usually you're only a couple of fitting from making it work.

Build "adapters" in electrical is a quick way to burn something down.
In my experience with leaky valves, its easier and much faster to just grab a new valve at the hardware store on the way home from work and replace it. They're only a few bucks apiece.

Going from copper to pex is so easy its not even funny. solder on a barbed fitting and you're in business.

Aren't "adapters" in electrical just junction boxes; or are we talking about some backwoods rigged shit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
I did that a while back Would have to tear out a bathroom wall.

Now I am replacing the sink pop ups.


Figured I would replace the whole pissing match. Two sinks in the bathroom with identical drains. Got all new drains.

First up the distance from the bottom of sink is differnt so all new plumbing

So I thought I'd just swap the stopper. Well the arm the moves it up and down is differnt as its longer and the ball is smaller and the washer is differnt. So not interchangeable.

Next up the stopper will physically go into one sink and I can modify the other stuff to work.

Since it will go in one it should go in the other. Nope it doesn't even come close.

So off to the hardware store to buy some more ABS
I'm pretty sure I just got stupider reading that clusterfuck of jibberish.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney77 View Post
Guess I'm a ground breaker.
You can't break the ground free falling off the couch
SkooledMedic is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 02:08 AM   #23
ironpig70
Registered User
 
ironpig70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 6957
Posts: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkooledMedic View Post


I'm pretty sure I just got stupider reading that clusterfuck of jibberish.


Part A will work on sink A but not sink B and sink A and B are the same.

Have to replumb from drain to wall as drain A and B are not same size.

I hate plumbing
ironpig70 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 03:06 AM   #24
Haole
Axlesnapper
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: Here
Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleshemi View Post
so I guess IEC and NEMA starters would be too?
What? More things piggy knows nothing about?
__________________
Disclaimer: The above statement is solely an expression of opinion and not of fact. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners of this board or the writers of the software. It is not intended to confuse the weak minded nor to incite an argument with any closed minded SCOTUSphiles.
Haole is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 03:07 AM   #25
Haole
Axlesnapper
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: Here
Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkooledMedic View Post
don't even fucking tell me you're trying to replace a piece inside of a leaking valve instead of replacing the whole valve.
You obviously haven't much experience in plumbing. Or nuclear power plants.
__________________
Disclaimer: The above statement is solely an expression of opinion and not of fact. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners of this board or the writers of the software. It is not intended to confuse the weak minded nor to incite an argument with any closed minded SCOTUSphiles.
Haole is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 03:12 AM   #26
SkooledMedic
PBB Official WTPOS
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Member # 170546
Location: Shitmond, Va
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
What? More things piggy knows nothing about?
inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
You obviously haven't much experience in plumbing. Or nuclear power plants.
I never claimed to have any experience in nuclear power plants

I've had enough experience with residential plumbing both inside and outside of walls to realize that 95% of the time I'd rather just replace the whole valve than fucking around with trying to find the right size rubber washer or taking a 30+ year old valve apart.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney77 View Post
Guess I'm a ground breaker.
You can't break the ground free falling off the couch

Last edited by SkooledMedic; Today at 03:12 AM.
SkooledMedic is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 04:19 AM   #27
Haole
Axlesnapper
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: Here
Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkooledMedic View Post
I never claimed to have any experience in nuclear power plants

I've had enough experience with residential plumbing both inside and outside of walls to realize that 95% of the time I'd rather just replace the whole valve than fucking around with trying to find the right size rubber washer or taking a 30+ year old valve apart.
I never said you did claim it.

The point is that in both, you replace the cheapie valves and fix the expensive ones. When the valve costs $100,000 and a week to replace, it better be pretty screwed up. If it only needs some new packing, don't replace it.

If it's in my house, it's getting replaced. Those aren't expensive one's.

piggy thinks everything electrical is mix and match, he doesn't have the experience to know what he talking about. Residential isn't the only game in town. The same goes for plumbing.
__________________
Disclaimer: The above statement is solely an expression of opinion and not of fact. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners of this board or the writers of the software. It is not intended to confuse the weak minded nor to incite an argument with any closed minded SCOTUSphiles.
Haole is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 04:31 AM   #28
SkooledMedic
PBB Official WTPOS
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Member # 170546
Location: Shitmond, Va
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
I never said you did claim it.

The point is that in both, you replace the cheapie valves and fix the expensive ones. When the valve costs $100,000 and a week to replace, it better be pretty screwed up. If it only needs some new packing, don't replace it.

If it's in my house, it's getting replaced. Those aren't expensive one's.

piggy thinks everything electrical is mix and match, he doesn't have the experience to know what he talking about. Residential isn't the only game in town. The same goes for plumbing.
I agree completely.

I was making the "safe" assumption that nobody in their right mind would let piggy in a nuclear power plant or near any expensive valves.

Like you already said, any valve in a house is gonna be cheap and hopefully accessible enough where replacing the whole thing makes more sense than trying to fix a broken or leaking one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney77 View Post
Guess I'm a ground breaker.
You can't break the ground free falling off the couch
SkooledMedic is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 05:37 AM   #29
Haole
Axlesnapper
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: Here
Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkooledMedic View Post
I agree completely.

I was making the "safe" assumption that nobody in their right mind would let piggy in a nuclear power plant or near any expensive valves.

Like you already said, any valve in a house is gonna be cheap and hopefully accessible enough where replacing the whole thing makes more sense than trying to fix a broken or leaking one.
And surprisingly they let him near electricity.

And piggy would make a great sponge. A sponge is someone who's does a job in a high rad area and sucks up lots of zoomies so people that have a clue don't have to.
__________________
Disclaimer: The above statement is solely an expression of opinion and not of fact. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners of this board or the writers of the software. It is not intended to confuse the weak minded nor to incite an argument with any closed minded SCOTUSphiles.

Last edited by Haole; Today at 05:39 AM.
Haole is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 05:41 AM   #30
SkooledMedic
PBB Official WTPOS
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Member # 170546
Location: Shitmond, Va
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
And surprisingly they let him near electricity.

And piggy would make a great sponge. A sponge is someone who's does a job in a high rad area and sucks up lots of zoomies so people that have a clue don't have to.
Him being near electricity could be beneficial to the gene pool.

the sponge idea is a good one too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney77 View Post
Guess I'm a ground breaker.
You can't break the ground free falling off the couch
SkooledMedic is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 05:49 AM   #31
Haole
Axlesnapper
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: Here
Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkooledMedic View Post
Him being near electricity could be beneficial to the gene pool.

the sponge idea is a good one too.
It'll mean nothing to the gene pool. He's already got young uns.
__________________
Disclaimer: The above statement is solely an expression of opinion and not of fact. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners of this board or the writers of the software. It is not intended to confuse the weak minded nor to incite an argument with any closed minded SCOTUSphiles.
Haole is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 05:51 AM   #32
SkooledMedic
PBB Official WTPOS
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Member # 170546
Location: Shitmond, Va
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
It'll mean nothing to the gene pool. He's already got young uns.
shit....thats unfortunate
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney77 View Post
Guess I'm a ground breaker.
You can't break the ground free falling off the couch
SkooledMedic is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 06:21 AM   #33
JoshTurner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member # 56006
Posts: 2,060
Piggy you still live in the camper/mobile home???? Just torch it & get a new one
__________________
[QUOTE=Sturgell;9689430]Would you rather suck a dick or make out with a dude?

Myself I would have man up and suck a dick, pretty sure I couldn't make out with a dude.[/QUOTE]
JoshTurner is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 01:00 PM   #34
ironpig70
Registered User
 
ironpig70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 6957
Posts: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
I never said you did claim it.

The point is that in both, you replace the cheapie valves and fix the expensive ones. When the valve costs $100,000 and a week to replace, it better be pretty screwed up. If it only needs some new packing, don't replace it.

If it's in my house, it's getting replaced. Those aren't expensive one's.

piggy thinks everything electrical is mix and match, he doesn't have the experience to know what he talking about. Residential isn't the only game in town. The same goes for plumbing.


Didn't say everything nipple head

But it is quiet simple to mix and match in electricity. You cannot do that very well in plumbing.
ironpig70 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 02:23 PM   #35
kastein
Unregistered User
 
kastein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member # 189225
Location: Southbridge MA
Posts: 426
Send a message via AIM to kastein Send a message via Skype™ to kastein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post
try putting a square D breaker into a sylvania box and then tell use that electrical is all interchangeable
or even a square D homeline breaker in a square D QO panel, or any of the other brands (GE, Eaton, etc, whatever) in any other brand panel.

If you're working with a Federal Pacific panel, the right answer is to buy whatever panel you like and breakers to match it and rip the fucking F-P panel out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
Really so the seals on Lasko, PF and Kohler are all the same???

Glue on PVC and ABS the same???


I can take a gang box from company A, stick a switch from company B in it and wire it all from company C. And in a month I can change the switch to one from company D Pretty damn simple.
if you have to change the switch a month later you should stop buying 49 cent push-wired switches.

Also, pull the damn seal or valve stem out and bring it to the store with you, it aint hard. Fuck, in my last apartment before I bought my house, we had a 100 year old clawfoot tub with the original valves, they started leaking badly due to a rubber washer cracking in half - a real plumbing supply house (not your regular homeowner orange/blue big box home improvement store) had a seat and seal kit specifically for it and knew exactly what I needed, it took 10 minutes to install them and as far as I know is still working today. Hell, it'll probably go another 50-100 years before it needs fixing again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyminator2000 View Post
It doesn't matter if they copy someone else's stuff because they aren't gonna ship it to you anyway.
91 Jeep MJ on 33" ATs, 58 Kaiser Jeep M54A2 with 46" XMLs on it michael wildermuth: schizophrenic IT worker supreme
click here to solve the fantic238 problem
kastein is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 04:36 PM   #36
ironpig70
Registered User
 
ironpig70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 6957
Posts: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastein View Post
Also, pull the damn seal or valve stem out and bring it to the store with you, it aint hard.

But with a switch I don't need to

Thanks for proving my point
ironpig70 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 05:48 PM   #37
Haole
Axlesnapper
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: Here
Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
Didn't say everything nipple head

But it is quiet simple to mix and match in electricity. You cannot do that very well in plumbing.
All isn't everything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
Why must every fawking company make their product just a bit off


Nice with electricity it all fits
Dumbass.
__________________
Disclaimer: The above statement is solely an expression of opinion and not of fact. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners of this board or the writers of the software. It is not intended to confuse the weak minded nor to incite an argument with any closed minded SCOTUSphiles.
Haole is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 07:02 PM   #38
Soundguy
Rock God
 
Soundguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member # 32677
Location: Conroe Texas
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70:14698816
Why must every fawking company make their product just a bit off


Nice with electricity it all fits
You really are as stupid as all of us suspected.
Soundguy is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 07:36 PM   #39
Haole
Axlesnapper
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: Here
Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
You really are as stupid as all of us suspected.
You're surprised?

This is how this thread should have started:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
Why must every fawking company make their product just a bit off


Nice with being me my head fits in my ass
__________________
Disclaimer: The above statement is solely an expression of opinion and not of fact. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners of this board or the writers of the software. It is not intended to confuse the weak minded nor to incite an argument with any closed minded SCOTUSphiles.
Haole is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 07:42 PM   #40
papee
OOPS
 
papee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Member # 1041
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 8,078
Blog Entries: 6
Send a message via MSN to papee Send a message via Yahoo to papee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Now I know you haven't done much electrical work.
You know they don't allow him near any service panels right? They give him a box of receptacles and switches and tell him to get lost for the day.
papee is online now Report Post   Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 07:46 PM   #41
Haole
Axlesnapper
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: Here
Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by papee View Post
You know they don't allow him near any service panels right? They give him a box of receptacles and switches and tell him to get lost for the day.
A box a day? A box is good for ten days of confusion for piggy.
__________________
Disclaimer: The above statement is solely an expression of opinion and not of fact. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the owners of this board or the writers of the software. It is not intended to confuse the weak minded nor to incite an argument with any closed minded SCOTUSphiles.
Haole is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 07:46 PM   #42
HUSSLR187
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Member # 66677
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastein View Post

If you're working with a Federal Pacific panel, the right answer is to buy whatever panel you like and breakers to match it and rip the fucking F-P panel out.

.
but then i have to reset breakers

no shit though that junk would run a full shop with a 15amp breaker and never trip. just keep the batteries in the fire alarms fresh
__________________
[QUOTE=parcells9;14679455]You don't just go in there and cock the beaver. :shaking:[/QUOTE]
HUSSLR187 is online now Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Options


Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.